STAFF ROLE, BASED NORTH OF ABERDEEN CITY CENTRE
Varied position for candidate with previous offshore experience in ROV systems/operations. This, to be clear, is mainly a beach job with occasional offshore trips as and when required.
Successful candidates will also have:
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate with several departments to coordinate ROV support.
- Ability to specify, select and order mechanical, hydraulic or electrical equipment for offshore use.
- University, College or Industry education and/or training in Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical disciplines.
Main duties will include:
- Process received offshore MRs and assist with expediting as required.
- Assist in sourcing new ROV parts, provide clarification on part queries.
- Implement and organise any approved modification to the ROV system, ensuring all changes are fully documented and included in the manual as per Quality Procedures.
- Create specifications for purchasing new ROV equipment.
- Assist with recording statistics on ROV reliability, by subsystems.
- Monitor maintenance logs, collate information for analysis, MTBF, etc.
- Assist with monitoring cost of ROVs R & M, including cost sheets.
- Monitor receipt of ROV technical reports.
- Conduct ROV System audits including checking inventories.
- Assist with refurbishment or ROV equipment.
- Second source suppliers of ROV spares and equipment.
- Prepare operational procedures relevant to ROV operations on managed vessels and assist Project Engineers in preparing ROV Procedures for projects.
- Process received Project ROV equipment MRs and assist with expediting as required.
- Ensure all ROV spares and related equipment shipments are dealt with in line with planned schedule and to minimise possible interruption of the operational activities.
- Distribute received offshore paperwork to the applicable departments.
- Perform acceptance inspections before mobilisation of any vehicle (ROV/Trencher) and / or ROV related equipment supplies to the project. Request demobilisation reports for applicable equipment.
- Verify that offshore ROV personnel assigned to the project are fit for purpose. Identify any potential problems with allocated resources or planned crew changes and report to Project Manager/ROV Personnel Supervisor.
- Provide ROV technical support to the Commercial Department when required.
- To be conversant with all ROV items and conditions of the Project both technically and commercially and to have a full understanding of the scope of work related in individual projects.
- Assist in the implementation, control and monitoring of overall Safety and Quality Assurance in all ROV Project related activities as laid down in the Company’s Safety Quality Manuals and Procedures.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of budgets for Projects in relation to ROV services and associated equipment.
- Assist the Project Manager in ensuring that the Cost Controller is provided with timely adequate financial information in relation to ROV services.
- Encourage any technical developments or suggestions that will enhance the overall Project or Operational efficiency.
- Assist in ensuring that all ROV related aspects of Project Administration, Engineering and Operations fulfil the Contract requirements and are conducted in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
- Participate in the off duty rota.
- Vessel visits / system audits as required.
- Promote safe working practices.
- Train, mentor and/or guide ROV offshore personnel in their area of expertise.
To apply, fill in the fields below or send files directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively call 01464 851122 and speak to Scott Ferguson.