ExxonMobil’s LNG plant in Papua New Guinea will be unable to produce for about eight weeks due to an earthquake strike last week, a news report said.
More than 30 people died when the 7.5 magnitude quake hit the South Pacific nation on February 26.
Exxon said today that 300 non-essential personnel had been evacuated and that the focus had turned to restoring camp and associated facilities, Reuters reported.
“While the gas conditioning plant was safely shut in, there has been some damage to various pieces of equipment and foundation supports that will need to be inspected and repaired,” Exxon said in a statement, according to the report,
“Initial visual inspections of the major processing equipment indicate that they may not have been significantly impacted,” it added.
The post Exxon’s LNG plant in Papua New Guinea out of action for eight weeks, report says appeared first on Energy Voice.